Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, April 13, 2015

This Week 4/13/15

Hey, it was really good to hear from you! :) 

Yeah, my companion is pretty cool, although he can definitely be a goofball sometimes, and it built my testimony that when you get a few young men together, their collective IQ goes down. ;) Yes, he is from Minnesota, but his family moved, so he will be going home to North Carolina. It's getting hotter and hotter here, which I'm not ready for. :0 They don't sell deodorant here, I guess. 

Yeah, I do like the Blickenstaffs (mission president and his wife). They are really cool, really nice, and really caring. :) The mission home is about a 30 minute train ride away from where we are now, I think. :) I haven't seen them very much, but it sounds like we interview with them every other move call (12 weeks) :) I am also really glad for all they do and for maintaining the mission blog. I think that it is super cool that they do that. I was able to see Elder Ludwig, my MTC companion there, which was really cool! We were able to catch up a little bit and swap stories. :) 

I did get to watch conference and it was really good! :D I liked the talks and it was really good to sit down and listen to the Prophet and Apostles. :) It was also kind of nice to hear some solid English for a little while. :) Anyway, overall, it's been a pretty good week. :) The members here are amazing and I wish I could communicate with them better, because they are super cool! :)

Ok, so when I get back from my mission, we HAVE to come to Taiwan. :) I can show you around and we can eat at chi dao bao's and stuff. :)  I love you all and pray for all of you every day, and multiple times every day. I am so glad that you are all doing well at home and that the Lord is taking care of you for me. :) This week was good, more teaching, contacting, tracting, biking, and more contacting. :) We are working with someone we found the other day who has this disorder that's a lot like ADD. :) It was super funny to teach him, because in the middle of the lesson, he would just jump to something totally random! :) For example, he started singing "Amazing Grace" while we were talking about prophets. :) It was cracking me up! :) It almost reminded me of when I would be with Curtis and we would be doing something, and he would just do something totally random. :) He also talked about kung fu right after we taught Joseph Smith's first vision. the guy is really nice and he is really cool, and I am really excited to teach him again, because I'm excited to see what he does next!! :) Anyway, I love you all and you're in my prayers. :) I'll try to take more pictures and send them to you. I told my companion that I made it my goal to do that. ;)  

-- 
Elder Fleming

 My bike that broke last week. :/ I guess the metal and stuff was bad, so when I tried to switch gears, the thing on the back broke and came up into my tire in between the spokes and stuff. :0 My companion's bike also broke twice since we got here, and we went to the same store three times in two weeks to fix our bikes. They looked surprised when we came in for the third time in 10 days. :) We are probably their favorite customers. ;)
 My MTC companion, Elder Ludwig! I got to see him at that trainer meeting thing the other day. It was really cool to see him and to catch up with him. :) 
There is meat cooked in this rice stuff that we ate at a little while ago, which looked kind of sketchy, but tasted really good! :)
 Elder Fleming was on the Taichung, Taiwan Mission blog. There was a a follow up training meeting. We copied the pictures here, but you can read more about the meetings HERE.
Where's Waldo  Elder Fleming? 



No comments:

Post a Comment