Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, April 20, 2015

This Week's News

 Hello everyone!! :) I hope that all is well at home! (besides the window) ;) I'm glad to hear that the weather was mostly nice and getting warmer! That's bad for me, because that means that it will be more and more humid and hotter and hotter! :0   
     This week we were able to see a TON of miracles!! We were really blessed this week! We were able to have a lot of lessons with investigators and we had a lot of really good lessons with investigators! :D We are teaching a couple families too, which is a big miracle itself! :) 
     I also experienced my first earthquake today! We are on the 7th floor of an apartment, and the floor started rocking back and forth. It was really weird but kinda cool. :) Nothing broke or fell though, so that was good. :) 
     We are still meeting with the random guy. His last name is Lin. He can be random, but he is really sincere and he seems to have a desire to learn about the Gospel and is coming along really well. I am really happy for him. :) When we met with him last time, he showed us some of his kung fu, so we did it with him a little bit, and it seemed to help him focus more during the lesson, so we might do stuff like that more often when we meet with him. :)
     They also have garbage trucks here and they play this music that makes them seem like ice cream trucks. It's to help people hear them, so they can take out their garbage, but every time I hear that noise, I just think of ice cream! :)
     We are meeting with a family who has triplets and they are all 11. They are a really cool family. :) The children are really funny and pretty cool, and we are trying to help the mom start progressing. She has a hard time understanding the scriptures and applying them, so if you have any tips to help her out, let me know. :) 
     Sundays are pretty good, they are really busy at and after church, because we are focused on our investigators when and if they come. We have to call them before usually to make sure they're coming still, have people sit with them to help fellowship them, then afterwards, we go and talk to them and help show them where to go and stuff like that. We also try to set up lessons after church with members and get members to set up times to go over and visit investigators and stuff. It's pretty intense! It usually winds down afterwards, though. :) We had 5 investigators at sacrament meeting yesterday, which was a huge miracle!! :D Everything worked out really well too! :D I was super happy! Getting investigators to church has been hard for us since we got here, but it was so nice to get some investigators to church yesterday! :) 
     I love you all so much and pictures are soon to come! :) I made it one of my goals for this week to take more pictures. ;) I still didn't do super well, but I'll keep working on it. :) It's like repentance; I'm not perfect, but I will keep trying and hope you can forgive my lack of pictures I send. ;) I love you all and you're always in my prayers! :)
--

Elder Fleming
Some Elders and I outside a chi dao bao (one of the really fancy buffets) :) 
A massive bag of marshmallows. :) 
My bike :D
 Lin; he is the one who gets really random sometimes. :) Last week, we were teaching him the Plan of Salvation and he said he had to show us something, then pulled out his nun-chucks and whipped them around for a little bit. Haha, it was pretty funny! :) 
Elder Bak practices kung fu with Lin. :)
Dong gua cha, or winter tea. This stuff is super good!! :)
A $1000NT bill. :) It's about $30USD :) I feel really rich when I just pull one of those out. :) 
I discovered apple milk last week. It is super good! :)
 That's all I've got for this week, I'll try to take more for next week! Love you!! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment