Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 3 in Yuan Lin

Hey everyone! :) 
I'm glad to hear that everyone had a good week! It was really good to hear from you!
     We haven't listened to General Conference yet, because we wait a week so it can be translated into Mandarin. The missionaries still watch it in English, but we usually watch it at the same time as the ward because it's more convenient. I am super excited to watch it and see what the Prophet and Apostles have to say! Elder Bak told me it's kind of like a miniature vacation almost, because the missionaries will all get to watch conference together for a little while. :) 
     This week has been pretty good and very intense! Especially Friday and Saturday! We have found a decent amount of people, and we definitely need to keep finding, but we are teaching a couple of families who are super cool! :) We are also working with a part-member family who's also less-active. Her son in 10 or 11 and we were able to give him a baptismal goal for next month! :D Hopefully he and his mom will start coming back to church! We are also working with a family who has triplets and then another kid as well. The moms have baptismal goals and their kids are super amazing!! :D Elder Bak has pictures of them, so hopefully he can get those to me and I can send them to you. :) I took pictures of the apartment, and will get those to you, but I still haven't taken a picture of my bike yet. :/ I'll do that later today if I have time or next week. :) 
     I kind of really want to come back to Taiwan after my mission as a tourist with all of you sometime. There are some super awesome things here that I really want to share with you!! :D Especially the chi dao bao's! ;) That's crazy to think that it snowed in Utah the other day! It's sooo hot here!! :0 
     That's really cool that you got to go to the Carter's for Easter! People don't celebrate Easter here, but they have Grave Sweeping Day, a day where they show respect for their ancestors by cleaning their graves, which is pretty cool. :)  
     Oh yeah!! Friday and Saturday. :) So, on Friday,the day was pretty smooth and normal, but Friday night was pretty intense. We were going to visit a former investigator and Elder Bak's bike broke down. We got to the former investigator's house and were blessed that he was home and he gave us a ride back to the apartment. He was pretty cool and we were able to have a good conversation with him on the way back to the apartment. :) Then on Saturday we were super busy! I don't know if you can look up where we went, but we had to bike from Yuan Lin to Tian Wei to teach that former family I mentioned earlier and then we went to Tian Zhong to teach some more investigators and then we had to race back to Yuan Lin to eat dinner with some members. That day was crazy intense but super cool! :) And then we had fast Sunday the next day, which was a little hard, because I was super tired from Saturday! :) Anyway, it was a pretty good week. :) My companion is great and the members are amazing! :D 
  
Elder Fleming

 When you first walk in the door in our apt. We have a cool balcony (we are on the top floor), where we have our washer and dryers. :) 
Our living room, where we often work out to p90x in the mornings. :) You can see the kitchen on the left by the fridge and then our rooms are on the right. :)
Our kitchen
Our closet
Our room (it's a little messy) :) 
Our bathroom (each companionship has their own room and bathroom, I just didn't take a picture of theirs.) :) 
 Hehe, so my companion is really hairy and he accidentally burned his nipple because he was lighting his chest hair on fire to try to get rid of it. I should be a more diligent companion in protecting him from physical danger. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment