Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, June 13, 2016

Emails 6/13/16

Happy Dragon Boat festival! :D 

Ok I'll try to sum up the week really fast. :) 

Monday was pday. Went to Fo Guang Shan with some friends. :) Afterwards, contacting, held FHE with a member family, then went home. Tuesday we had ztm, which went well and was pretty intense. The zone got pumped about finding new investigators, which is good and what we need. :) Afterwards, we exchanged. That was pretty fun! :) We contacted, Got a sit down lesson at a 7-- (they just say "7" here), met with our investigator and talked about getting baptized after he moved in July or August, but then he got determined to get baptized before he moved so that was a huge miracle, same night, the family we are working with, their kid accepted a baptismal goal for July and his dad to get ready to baptize him. (He's an LA member). Wednesday we switched back after contacting and teaching a lesson, visited some LA kids to confirm them for a basketball activity on Saturday, then dinner, then English. That was good. :) Also, a super prepared lady came to English class, loved it, and loved the Gospel and Spiritual share even more! She couldn't wait for us to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon! It was awesome! :D 

Thursday we contacted, lunch, had a lesson, contacted, ate dinner, contacted, then met with our baptismal goal investigator, Brother Huang. 

Friday we learned the importance of making a backup plan. We didn't make one for our lessons, and they both fell through. We figured they'd come and we didn't have time to plan it in, but we learned that we need to make backup plans anyway. 

Saturday was great! We had a basketball activity (approved by President, of course :) ) and got some less active young men there. they loved it, came to church the next day and loved that as well! :D HUGE miracles!! :D One of the young men got the priesthood and rescued another on Sunday! Super great!! :D Sunday night miracles, too! Another sit-down lesson with a guy who was pretty interested. Taught him the full first lesson! He doesn't live in our area, so we referred him over to other missionaries. It was an awesome week!! :D 

Anyway, I love you all so much!! :D I pray for you every day! :) 

Email to President: 
It was another great week with Elder Ward. I still have a lot to learn and do! I have been trying to learn from him and from the experiences we have together as much as I can. This week was filled with miracles. Around Thursday or Friday, I felt a little disappointed that the work wasn't going faster and that we weren't finding more people. I realized later that I was forgetting to be grateful. Almost immediately afterwards that night, I remembered all the blessings and miracles we had seen from the week that far, and I was able to see later that we had even more miracles on Saturday and Sunday. I wish I would have remembered gratitude sooner, but I'm glad I remembered it when I did, because I was able to see a lot of miracles the following couple days. 

This week I learned the importance of gratitude, and tried to focus on it more. I have been trying to be more grateful these past couple days, especially since Thursday and Friday. If we are grateful to the Lord about all our blessings, we will be so much more happier, because we won't be thinking about or even remember negative experiences. I also read in Alma 38 today. I really liked the things Alma said to his son, Shiblon and I thought it was interesting what Alma chose to say to each of his sons, and how much he decided to say to each of them. I want to go back the next couple days and read Alma 38 again and think more about it's meaning. It was interesting to see what Alma says to different sons who have different experiences.  

--
Elder Fleming

We went to fo guang shan, this place with a massive Buddha which was awesome. We went with our
Baptist minister friend :). I don't know if I've told you about him. I also saw a friend from my first
area, Trevor! :D He's awesome and it was great to see him!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment