Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, June 27, 2016

Emails 6/27/16

Transfers were today. :) I'm still with Elder Ward, and it's his last transfer here. He's working hard and really focused on the work. It's been good to learn from his example as well as Elder Bak's example when he died. They were both really focused on the work until the end. I have been watching Elder Ward and thinking about things I'm going to want to do the same/differently when my time's almost up. I still have a while, but it's good to know in advance so I can think of what I want to do to stay focused on the work as well as planning and preparing to go home. Also, Elder Anderson, my trainee is in my zone!! :D I'm super excited to have him here! We will probably go on exchanges pretty soon.... ;)

I agree, it's good to be on the other side of the farewells. :) I'm ok with only doing that once. It was really hard. It was ok afterwards, but it was super hard to say goodbye to you for two years.

I was talking with another missionary the other day and we couldn't figure out what the steering wheel on a boat was called (or if it had another name) I am guessing Grandpa Kip would know... ;)

This week was pretty alright. Well, it was super amazing! :) Difficult, but we saw some miracles!
Monday, we cleaned the apartment, and did a bunch of those little things that pile up for not doing them for the past 6 weeks because you've been out doing other fun stuff. :) Tuesday, we went to NanZi and exchanged with the Elders over there. They're doing alright, but we wanted to exchange with them and encourage them. We contacted people the whole exchange, which was pretty good. Not my favorite thing to do, but it was good to do it to help NanZi. Wednesday, we got back and exchanged back, so I was back with Elder Ward again, and did more contacting. It was kind of rough this week as far as contacting. Lots of people we talked to weren't interested and we weren't able to find any new investigators. Oh well, it was a good way to show faith and develop some patience. :) Friday was probably the hardest. We contacted people on the street from 1 to 5, and then if I remember right (I don't have my planner on me because I have a new one due to the new transfer and we switch planners every 6 weeks), at night we had a lesson with a family set up, then they cancelled. I was kind of upset about that because we were going to have to contact for about another hour and a half, then they called back and said that they could actually come! :D It was good, but I realized I also have to be careful for what I wish for, because since the family came a little late, we were pressed for time, and didn't end up getting back to the apartment until later, which threw off time for planning. Also, it was hard to have the Spirit with us because we were worried about getting back home on time and the dad talked a lot. :o It was all good, though. :)

Saturday, we also had a lot of time for contacting, but we also had some things set up, which was good. :) Then at night, we had a baptism! :D We've been working with Brother Huang for about 2 months or so, and he got baptized! Woohoo!! :D He's so solid, too! He shared his testimony and shared a scripture in 2 Nephi 33:3, one that we hadn't shared with him before, and bore his testimony about it! Then, in Sacrament meeting, he bore his testimony again! It was really awesome! :) We also were able to rescue a less active family. We helped them come back to church and they're looking really solid! :D It's been so awesome to see those miracles at the end of a long week! :)

Anyway, I love you all. I am praying for you! I hope you are all doing well.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention this, but President Blickenstaff leaves this week. :( He is leaving on Friday and will be replaced by President Teh. It will be exciting to have a change, but really sad to see the Blickenstaffs leave. :( I will miss them a lot and they've helped me so much and been amazing. I'll miss them. :(

That said, it will be really exciting and I'm really interested to see the kind of changes that are made and what happens. :)

Alright, time's about up. I love you. I'm SUPER lucky to have such a wonderful family! I love you all and thank you for being so amazing! :)

Love you!
--
Elder Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment