Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, July 18, 2016

Emails 7/18/16

Hello everyone! :) I love and miss you all! Great week this week! 

Monday was great! Pday and basketball with some members, investigators and other missionaries. It was great to play and excercise a bit! I'm excited to do that more when I come home! :) Contacting at night.

Tuesday we had a great day! We have been having family home evening with a great family from Indiana (Their mom is from Taiwan and they've been living in Indiana for a while). It's been so great to have gotten to know them! They're wonderful! It's been really special to get to know them. I'm super bummed that they live far away and I won't get to see them much after I go home. Maybe I'll have to plan out a road trip to Indiana... :) 

We also had zone conference, where a bunch of areas in the mission got together an met the new mission president, President Teh. He's great! It was amazing to get that Spiritual confirmation that he is supposed to be leading the mission now. Afterwards, we went to a member's house with a less active younger brother, and met with them, which seemed to have been what his brother needed. We challenged them to read the Book of Mormon every day. They are pretty great! Afterwards, we contacted people at night. :)

Wednesday we had DTM because of the zone conference on Tuesday. At night we had English class. It was pretty good. :) Thursday was pretty good. We had a couple lessons set up, but they fell through, and we ended up doing a pretty decent amount of contacting people (contacting people = talking to people on the roads) :) Good stuff! :) Then we met with our recent convert, Brother Huang. He's great! 

Friday, went well, too! 

Saturday was good, lots of time talking to people on the streets. It went well, and I didn't get dehydrated or heat stroke, so that was good. :) 

Sunday was amazing!! :D Had a lesson in the morning, met with some very cool, very prepared people and a lot of investigators came to church! :D It was great! The Zheng family was also able to come, which was awesome! The mom loved it! The only bummer was that her kids were a little bored. (I don't blame them, it's also their only day they can go out and play as a family, so I can't say I blame them! :) They stayed for 2 hours of church, though. :D Hopefully we an keep meeting with them. 

That's about it for the week. Here's my weekly email to President: :)

Dear President Teh, 
It was great to see you last week, and I am looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow. It was a great week here with Elder Ward. I am so grateful for the blessings that the Lord has let us have here. I have been trying to constantly remind myself to be grateful for the blessings that we have received. I don't want to be like the Nephites in the Book of Mormon who so quickly forget their God and who are constantly humbled with trials to remember Heavenly Father. I have been trying to study gratitude lately, and I believe it is another Christ-like attribute, and I think remembrance is the first step in gratitude. If we remember all the blessings the Lord has given us, we will be more grateful for him. Lately, not just Elder Ward and I, but the entire zone seems to have seen many miracles this past week. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father for giving us these blessings. 
I have also learned that when we do all we can to give everything to the Lord, making these sacrifices for Him, He will remember us and make up for those sacrifices.

I also loved reading Isaiah 1:18 this morning. I haven't read it in a while. It's such a beautiful verse. I love that the Lord wants to "reason with us" and through repentance, we can take everything we've done wrong and all the mistakes we've made--no matter how dark they are--through Christ, they can be wiped completely clean. What a miracle and a blessing! It's such an amazing gift to share with others! 

This week, we also had a family we've been working with come to church as well as two new investigators that we met after going out after the typhoon. I remember going out thinking, "there probably won't be many people out there, let alone very many who want to talk with us," but I remember that I decided to try and talk to people and be happy and excited to share the Gospel to anyone who would listen. We went out, and found a Mr. Lin. He ended up being really cool and told us his girlfriend was looking for a religion. We told him we were sharing about Christ and could help her with that. They came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. Another example of the blessings that the Lord gives us when we try to serve him with our heart, might, mind and strength. 

Well, that's about all I think! I love you and I'm praying for you daily! 

-- 
Elder Fleming



Sorry it's been so long since I've sent pictures... :( 
 The family from Indiana-they're awesome!! :D
 I found macaroni and cheese!! :D It was super expensive but I bought a box of it anyway and ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :) 
 Also a couple random pictures 
also a picture of the typhoon, but it doesn't really look like much :) It was intense, it just didn't look like it on the camera :) 
  Pictures of and with our RC Brother Huang! He's awesome! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment