Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 2 in Yuan Lin

Hello everyone! I sure miss you! It was great getting your emails this week and to see how you're doing! :) I really look forward to P-days and being able to read your emails and see what's been going on in your lives! :) 
     Well, this week was pretty good. We are currently "White-washing," which means we are both new to the area (this was actually Elder Bak's first area when he came to Taiwan), but he hasn't been here in over a year. So we had no investigators. We have been doing a ton of finding and contacting. It's kind of hard and you really have to be careful about not getting your spirits down. It's also kind of uncomfortable to go up to people on the street and start a conversation with them--especially about Jesus! :) I've been getting a little more used to it, though which is good. I feel like I am learning the language way to slowly. I have a hard time understanding people a lot of the time because they often use words I don't know. I will kind of sit there and smile and nod most of the time and my companion will talk a lot. I try to help where I can, but I feel bad because I can't understand very well. We have seen some amazing blessings and miracles, though, like we found about 7 new investigators last week! :D Hopefully now, most or all of them will start progressing, because so far we only have 1 progressing investigator. He's super cool, though! :) 
   
chi dao bao food. Yum! :)
 Today and last week we went to places called "chi dao bao's" or "eat until you are full." So it's a buffet. :D They are so awesome!! :D At these buffets, you can eat all you want for about an hour and a half for a certain amount of money. The food is always super good, too!! Their food is really good quality, too! It's like eating at a P.F. Chang's quality, but it's also a buffet! :) The one we went to today was all you can eat meat and you get to cook it yourself. They also had all kinds of ice cream that was also all you can eat. :) It was super good!! :) The one we went to last week was about $250NT ($9USD) and the one we went to today was about $500NT (about $15USD). Isn't that awesome!?! :D The new foods I tried today were cow intestine, cow tongue and cow liver. All pretty good. :) The cow intestine was ok, but not bad. It felt really sketchy eating it, though. :) I should have taken more pictures of the food. :/ That has been my goal, to take more pictures of the food that I eat here. :) Usually food here costs $100NT to go out to eat (about $3USD) and it's been really good. :) I'm still trying to avoid the majority of seafood and shrimp and so far, so good. :) 
     I hope that I stay in Yuan Lin for a while, the ward is amazing!! The Bishop went out and taught with us for a couple hours yesterday! The ward is super helpful and supportive and stuff! :D They say that not many other wards work as well with the missionaries, but hopefully that can improve. :) 
      Well, I'm not sure what else to write, other than that this week was a pretty good one and I'm really glad that you were doing well. :) thank you all for your support and encouragement! It is really helpful. :) I love hearing from you and I am so glad to hear you're doing well!! :D I love you all and I pray for you every day!! :) 
My companion and I outside on a side street in Taiwan. :) 

--
Elder Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment