Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, November 2, 2015

Emails 11/2/15

Hey, I hope everyone's doing ok. President Blickinstaff called me and told me Grandpa died. It was a bummer and a little hard to hear, but I'm glad that he's not in pain anymore and that he can rest. I hope that you're all doing alright--especially Grandma Franklin. Bummer you're missing out on Halloween. :/ I hope that Dad and Nicole are also doing well and handling the news ok. Are you doing alright, too? I am also really grateful for the Gospel and that we know that families are forever and where Grandpa is and that we will be with him again someday. :)

Thanks for the email! That's super cool of President Blickenstaff to send you an email. I don't know how often he's thanked for what he does, but I don't think it's enough, so thank you. :) The email he sent was really cool. :) It was weird getting the call from him (I think for us it was Tuesday morning, because we are a day ahead) or maybe it was Wednesday. Anyway, I've been handling things ok. Reading the emails has actually been the hardest part so far! I'm glad Grandpa's service went well and that Grandma is being taken care of by family and by the ward. It's super sweet that the  ward has been so helpful with Grandma. She said that they've stopped by a lot and dropped stuff off for her and done a lot to help her out. I hope that the grand kids and Tyler are doing alright. Love you lots, I'll probably email more in a minute. :) Thanks for the emails and the updates. :) 

Hope things go back to normal for you soon. :) Hope you got some cool ties for me. ;)

In Taiwan, the (air) quality gets pretty bad sometimes, but the sky looks alright sometimes. :)

I'm good, the week was alright. I wish I could do more to help the people, the district and my companion. There were a few bummers in the week, but the joy of the work outweighs all of the hard things. I'm so glad I get to be on a mission. It's a huge blessing. :) I don't like having to have patience with my personal weaknesses. Hopefully I'll be able to turn them into strengths, though. :)  

My companion is still alive. ;) So am I. ;) We are having a good time together and he's pretty cool. :) he's 18 and it's crazy that even though we're only 2 years apart that there's a big difference! (Not a bad difference, just a difference). :)Training's been really cool! There are some things about him that remind me of myself. :) He is a little shy about spreading the gospel, just like I was, but he's super great and he works super hard! He's excited to be here and I'm excited to be able to train him! I have noticed that he says "swag" sometimes, but no one's perfect. ;) I feel like he's my trainer for when I have a kid, to be honest. I need to always be thinking about him, what I can or need to do to help him, set a good example, and help him to learn and not just do everything for him. So far I feel like I haven't done as well as I should be doing. I hope that I can keep learning and that I will know how to help him out more.  

Sorry you missed Halloween. :/ We both get to miss it together this year. :) The ward did a cool Halloween activity though, which was pretty fun. It wasn't like Halloween back home, but it was close enough. :)

I'm glad to hear that both LA and KC are out of the playoffs!!! :D Woohoo! :) I guess I'm cheering for Portland to win, now. :) It's still a bummer that RSL isn't in it, though. :/ Yeah, bummer about Halloween, but yeah family is more important. :) 

I love you and I've been praying for you a lot extra lately. :) I am doing well, but I've been worried about you, Mom, Nicole the cousins and Grandma. I'm glad to hear that they're doing well. :) I love you so much and I've been praying for all of you tons. :) 

-- 
Elder Fleming
 He Di Xiong got baptized! :D My companion got to baptize him, too haha I don't know who was more nervous; He Di Xiong to get dipped in the water or my companion who baptized him! :) 
Sister Lemon giving the district a vivid description of her and Sister Liu's story from that morning right before district meeting. :) Something happened to Sister Liu's eye that day, I guess. :) 
 Baseball stadium in our area that we went to last P-day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment