Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Emails 4/11/16

Ok, this week I'm going to try to do things a little different. I wanted to start with my weekly email, because a ton of super crazy things happened this week! :o It was super fun but super crazy! :) 


On Monday I got my new companion, Elder Grisenti. He's super great, and I've been loving serving with him this week! He's from Saint George, Utah and it's been really fun! Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal, we went out to Manzhou, had an investigator that ditched out on his lesson and met with one of the families in the branch. 

Wednesday is when it started getting pretty intense (but in a good way) :) We went to ztm, which is about 2.5 hours away by bus. It is always fun going to ztm here, even though it's such a long bus ride. It was a good meeting, but since it was on Wednesday, we had to go back as soon as possible. We were on the bus and barely got back in time! We got back at 6:55! (class starts at 7). We were super stressed! We also had to get off at the church to get to English class on time, so our bikes were still a 10 minute walk away to get them before going home for the night. English went ok. Then afterwards, we put stuff away, while one of the members (he's a little slow, but very nice and also kind of deaf), came up to us and talked to us about a girl he liked who was married and he was wondering about whether or not he could pray for her to get divorced. He kept talking about it as we were trying to leave. :) It was funny, but we had to get our bikes. We finally got out of there, and we saw one of my English students, he is about 12 I think and his mom forgot to pick him up after English class. It reminded me of when dad forgot to pick me up after soccer practice that one time. :) I felt super bad for him, so I said we could walk him home, but then he said he lived way far away, too far for us to walk, so I had him use my phone to call his mom to get him instead. :) As we waited with him, our member came up to us again asking about divorce, as this random lady self-contacted us and talked with us. We were trying to handle these three things at once, which was super crazy and a weird situation! :) Then, the kid's mom got there, the active member went home and we got the random lady's phone number. We didn't get home until 9:40 or so. Oops. :) 

Then on Thursday, we had a member ask us if we could help them do service around their house. I gratefully accepted. I love doing service! :D We got there and the husband was giving this tour or something of their property. It almost seemed like they were doing some sort of news article on him, or at least that's what it seemed like. :) So his wife told us what to do. First, she said that the chicken feed went bad (oh yeah, they have chickens) :) so we took the chicken feed and mixed it in with the dirt in their garden (thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me how to garden, do yard work and stuff!! :D), so we did that, then we cleaned the chicken coup. After that, she told us to rest while she finished making lunch for us. Then, her husband finished with his interview/tour thingy and we asked him if we could do anything else. He went back to look at the chickens, came back and said to us "Did you guys realize that the chickens don't have any food?" I don't think he realized that his wife had told us to bury the food before we took care of the chickens. We told him this, and he went inside and talked to his wife, leaving us outside. He said something along the lines of "the chickens are going to die because they don't have any food!" :o 

He came back out a minute later, went into a shed, came back out and walked past us, holding a bottle. He said one word to us: "jiu" which means "alcohol." and walked past us. I was super confused as he went out around back and gave it to the chickens. :o I thought he was going to give them alcohol and then kill them or something! Then, he came back out and asked if we had buried the feed well. This is where I'm grateful for your teaching me how to garden and stuff. He mixed up the dirt to make sure we had done it right, and then his countanence softened. He said "where did you learn how to do this?" I told him you had taught me. Then he said "wow, none of the other missionaries have known how to do this. Good job." Woohoo! :) From there, things went better, and we continued to help them around the house. Then we ate lunch with them. That was pretty funny. :)  The guy is a more reserved person, but he apparently LOVES his chickens. He talked about how if they gave them alcohol it would help the chickens not get sick and die. Then he said that they get drunk and proceeded to imitate a drunk chicken while we ate lunch, while he had this big grin on his face. :) Then he turned to us and asked, "so, did you talk to them?" then said "I do" :) It was super funny. He said that he talks to them and they will sneeze sometimes. :) It was super funny because when he was talking about his chickens, the whole time he just had this big grin on his face! :) 

Then when we were leaving there was this dog that barks at us when we go there that snapped its chain! :o Elder Grisenti was riding behind me and freaked out! :o That was our Thursday. :) 

Then on Friday, we had to download General conference so we could watch it and when we called our branch president for the times of it, he didn't know and said to ask the 1st counselor, then added, "oh, can you also download conference for us, too?" it was super weird, but I thought it was super funny! :) So we downloaded general conference for the branch and for us as well, then on Sunday had to set it up for them, too. :) They spent about 20 minutes trying to make it work on a projector before they gave up and resorted to our plan: the tv. That took about 10 seconds to set up. :) So church got started almost 30 minutes late yesterday. :) 

Anyway, I think this last general conference was the most powerful and my favorite one ever! I was feeling the Spirit the entire time! I loved the talks and the feeling of love and the Spirit. I had a lot of personal revelations, as well as questions answered. It was amazing! There was just a bunch of stuff that blew my mind! :D

That's about it, I think. :) I'll be praying for you. Love you guys. :) 

--
Elder Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment