Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, May 23, 2016

Emails 05/23/16

Wow, that's pretty cool! :) I didn't know that he (President Blickenstaff) emailed you. Yeah, he called me last Saturday and told me the news. I was pretty shocked. I would have been ok not going zone leader, because it's a lot of work! :o It's been good so far, although pretty stressful as well. There were a couple days to be honest that I didn't know if I would be able to do it. But so far, so good. :) It's a lot more busy, because we have to follow up with the districts and the district leaders often and do companion exchanges I think about once a week. It's been pretty intense, but so far pretty fun as well. I've had to work super hard this week. It's pretty amazing that when we work as hard as we can and give our all to  the Lord and we don't know if we'll make it to the next day--or even to the end of that day--that the Lord gives us power to do His work. That's been pretty cool. :) 

We usually report to the AP's, and sometimes President. And yeah, my area has a bunch of missionaries again. :) The district I'm in has 8 missionaries including us. :) We border on the other zone as well, so we also see missionaries from Ping Dong stake as well because we all do English here and we share this church. :) 
Elder Ward is good. He works SUPER hard. It's good, but sometimes really intense! :o He's got this transfer and next transfer left. I haven't had a companion as old as Elder Ward since my trainer, Elder Bak. :) 

I am now in Gao Xiong, San Min Qu. It is a pretty cool place and I think the second smallest proselyting area in Taiwan! :o It's pretty cool here and there are a lot of people here to talk to. This is also the most city-like area I've been to as well. Yuan Lin was the second biggest. :) 

Anyway, Monday was pretty alright. We waited at the train station for a long time to make sure all the missionaries arrived safely and to say hi to them. We emailed, ate dinner and went to work! We pretty much just contacted that night. Good stuff. :) Tuesday was pretty great! We did service for a lady who is SUPER prepared for the Gospel--but her husband doesn't want her to meet with the missionaries. Lame. We'll have to see what we can do there. We went to DTM, district training meeting, which was pretty great, because I didn't have to lead it! ;) That was nice. :) Next week we have to do zone training meeting, though, so that will be really stressful. Afterwards, we did some language pass-offs for some missionaries who are new and still in training and then did English proselyting, where we stand on corners of a road with tracts and signs and give them to people who want to come to English class. :) Then dinner, then contacting, then we had to go to a meeting with the Stake presidency which was pretty awesome! It went pretty well and we were able to talk with the stake president and get new ideas from him and how he wants to direct the stake and how we can direct the zone to work with the stake. 

Wednesday, we contacted in the morning, someone didn't show up to a lesson ("fang'ed" us, that happens a lot) met with a guy and his wife, who were pretty awesome! Then went and had a lesson with a couple less active younger boys about 14 and 11, I think. Then we contacted to dinner, then had English meeting, then English class. English was pretty good. Elder Ward and I are teaching intermediate class, which is pretty cool. I haven't taught with a companion an English class in a LONG time. :) Probably since right after training! :o It's also been a long time since I've taught intermediate class before, too! :) 

Thursday was pretty good. We met with a Baptist preacher who is from Ohio, who came over here and started proselyting here. He's pretty cool and really willing to listen and to share. We had to hand him off to the other Elders, though, because he doesn't live in our area. Then we contacted all afternoon until dinner, ate, then helped an English student with translating some stuff, then contacted some more, were going to meet with someone but then he fang'ed us, then met with our investigator with a baptismal goal. He seems really solid! :D Friday was weekly planning, then exchanges. I had to lead the area already. It was a little stressful, but not too bad. I didn't get lost, so that was pretty good. :D We contacted, ate dinner, contacted, called some phones, met with our less active, who's about to get rescued and then contacted some more until we came home. It was a pretty good day. Also, we were able to get someone to set up to meet with us the next day on the road, so that was a miracle! 

Saturday, our guy who set up with us fang'ed us, but set up for another time (because it was raining), so we contacted, ate lunch, then contacted again, and then switched back, so I was back with Elder Ward again. It's pretty nice as zone leaders now, because we are usually supposed to both stay in our area and proselyte here, so we can get extra lessons and see miracles in our area and stuff! I just feel bad for the missionaries that have to come here, because they don't get any time in their area for a day. :/ It's great for us, though! :) 

We met with a part-member family in the afternoon, who are all super great! I hope we can continue working with and visiting them. :) Then we contacted and a member took us out to dinner. Then we called phones, then contacted from 7 to 9, I think. 

Sunday was pretty great! We have 1:30 pm church, which for a missionary is pretty great! :D We were able to do all our morning studies, contact for a little bit, pack dinner for after church because we had a lesson set up afterwards (he fang'ed us, too), and then scheduled to be back on the roads by 5:45. Church went great. Sacrament was amazing! :) It's so great that we have an opportunity every week to renew our baptismal covenant and to was away all the mistakes we made of that week! 

Afterwards, was contacting in the rain. We didn't have any real success at first, because the Taiwanese are a little grumpy in the rain usually and normally aren't as willing to talk with us or anything. After about an hour of intense rain contacting, we started seeing some success. :) Sacrifice brings blessings. :) so does obedience. :) 

Well, that's about all for the week. :) Also, I got to go to Costco today, which was great! :D I bought a Costco card, because I got a good deal on it! Only $600NT! ($17USD) :D Yay! 

I love you and I hope you had a great week this week! You've always been in my prayers! :) I love you!

-- 
Elder Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment