Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, September 26, 2016

Emails 9/26/16

Ok, well this was a pretty intense week. We are whitewashing, which means we are both new to the area and we don't have any investigators or anything like that to work with. I think that's kind of cool that I'm starting and ending whitewash training. :) A fitting end, I feel like. :) We have spent pretty much all day every day so far out on the streets contacting. It's been a good experience, but definitely a building and trying experience, especially since we weren't able to get any lessons this week. :o There were some miracles Saturday and Sunday and we have some pretty cool potential people set up for next week! Just pray they come and they don't just not show up like the people from last week. 

It's been really stressful and difficult, but at the same time, it's hopefully helping me become better and there are things that I still need to learn. 

Monday was Pday. We bought stuff, and then I cleaned the apartment a little while my companion happily napped. :) I remember just starting my mission and being exhausted all the time... Oh wait, I still am exhausted all the time, I'm just more used to it. ;) 

Tuesday we contacted on the streets all day. 

Wednesday was the same. We have English class on Wednesday nights and we are now in charge of teaching the kid's class, so that was fun. :) It went well and there are some pretty funny kids in that class. Hopefully we will be able to keep them under control through out the transfer. :) 

Thursday we contacted all day. 

Friday we did weekly planning, and then contacted the rest of the day. 

Saturday was good. We had a zone conference, where we learned from President Teh for a while. That was great! We talked about some amazing things and it's really exciting to see where he's taking the work! The work here is going to grow exponentially with him here and afterwards! I wish I could be around for it!! :D 

Sunday, we had church. Then at night we contacted and set up a couple people to meet with us. That was pretty cool! Hopefully we'll start meeting with some people and getting some things to stick here now. :) 

That's about it. Hope you all had a great week! 

Here is an excerpt from my letter to President this week: 

I feel I have learned a lot this week. Before this transfer, I prayed asking Heavenly Father to help me to learn the last lessons I would need to learn here on the mission. I feel I have found some of those lessons that I still need to learn. One of them is the importance of apologizing to others. Apologizing is incredibly powerful. I have not been very good at that in my life. I always feel awkward about bringing things I've done wrong up with others, so I often try to brush it off. I have also realized that now I need to make sure I am doing EVERYTHING I can and be as obedient, diligent, faithful, humble to qualify for the Lord's help, because it is His work and I need to keep up with it.

-- 
Elder Fleming

Sorry. I think these are the only 2 pictures I took this week...I need to do better at taking more pictures :/ I'll try to take more this week. Those pictures are of a dish I really like here. It's noodles, an egg and steak on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment