Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, January 12, 2015

Greetings from the MTC

Zack's piles of study materials
His MTC district on their Sunday temple walk.
Goofy companions in his district.
"Hobbit holes" Random places missionaries leave random toys and things behind.
Nap time after a hard day's work.
MTC Zone on Sunday temple walk.

Email sent 1/12/15:
 I don't have a lot of time to type emails, so they will probably be shorter. I will write longer letters. I like it here, I like my companion, I feel bad for him because he doesn't have a background in the language. I am trying to do what I can to help him and keep his spirits up. People are really nice and friendly here. Im having a good time, the food's good. I am making typos because I;m trying to type fast and this keyboard is a pain so hopefyully you can understand what I;m saying. :) love you lots! I miss you too! I'm having a great time here and goyt to go to the temple today! I hate this keyboard ;) I'll probably send shorter email but longer letters due to time. I hope you got my other emails with pictures. I can only send 2 per email which is hard, so maybe I can send you guys some pictures with email. 

I get along pretty well with my companion and I am loving my district! I have been here for five days now I think and I still have no idea what I'm doing most of the time! :) I'm learning a lot and seem to be picking up the Chinese pretty well, but I'm a little nervous about keeping it up. 

I did have a devotional and the spirit was so strong there! It was amazing; I had to hold back tears at times! It was pretty intense. My testimony is strengthened and I have more of a desire to follow the gospel. That's really cool of people to ask about me! I am glad to hear I have support from the ward back home. :) the MTC is really cool, I'm really busy but it's good that way because it keeps me from feeling homesick. I thought I would miss video games more than I am, but maybe it's just cause I'm busy :) 

I think I have to do a physical or something tomorrow for my visa application :/ Thankfully, I'm actually doing pretty well! :D  I love hearing from you guys, especially through dear elder, so if you ever want to send me something--a care package, a letter, an email, a dear elder-- please do!! I miss you guys and even though I'm doing pretty well here so far, I LOVE hearing from you! I need to go now, but I love you lots. Breath mints are good, though! :) love you lots!  

 Letter sent 1/8/15
"I don't know if you'll get this letter before my email on P-day (Monday) or not, so you might read some of the same stuff both times. Bear with me...I also want to let you guys know I made it to the MTC and that I'mm till alive? I met my companion yesterday (day 1) and I really like him! I am so relieved and grateful that my prayers were answered about my companion. I am getting to know my district a little bit better (that's the smaller group of us), and we were lucky to get a couple of sister missionaries in our group who are fluent in Mandarin. My companion is from Las Vegas and has no background in Chinese. I am trying to help him learn as much as I can, but I don't know how much he is actually processing. I am also still a little concerned about the language, because it's only day two and I already have a list of words that...I'm unfamiliar with in Chinese. I am also nervous because we are teaching an investigator in Chinese already tomorrow. Im a little freaked out because I know so little Chinese.

I love hearing from all of you so please don't hesitate to send me letters or emails, especially over Dear Elder, because I won't be able to read your letters to me every day in the field. I can't respond to you as fast as you send letters to me or as often, but please don't hesitate to send letters. I look forward to hearing from you.

Lastly, I want to give you guys a scripture. It's the one the Balls gave me; it's Moroni 8:3. That scripture fills me with the spirit every time I read it. Remember this scripture if you miss me, and I am always keeping this scripture in my heart as I think of you."

Moroni 8:3 I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment