Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, January 4, 2016

Emails 1/4/16

Happy New Year! :D I hope you had a good New Year's! It sounds like you had fun. :)  I always got bummed after Christmas decorations were put away, too.

Yeah, I think that's super cool that we can Skype; it is way better than a phone call (not that phone calls are bad...) ;) It was really great to see you and I'm glad you're all doing well. :) I just wish Heavenly Father had a technology we could Skype Him with. ;) Anyway, I love and miss you all so much! 

Also, I'm in Nan Tou and Elder Bradford is my new companion. It's been pretty cool. The apartment is HUGE!! :D It's more like a house, honestly! :D I forgot to take pictures, but I'll try to get them next week. The apartment is super awesome!!! :D Also I'm in Nan Tou in the 4th ward. It's pretty cool and the ward seems to be doing super well! I'm super excited to be here! :D Also, we know who our new mission President is going to be. It's an Elder Teh. I guess he's in the Quorom of the 70 or something. :o Hopefully he's cool. I'll really miss President Blickenstaff. It's weird thinking that I'll have 5 different mission presidents on my mission (they switched in the MTC, so 2 there, one in Riverside, President Blickenstaff and now President Teh). I'm really bummed to see the Blickenstaffs go. :( Also happy new years!! :D I hope it was good! We had move day on new year's eve and then we had a couple lessons and found some cool people for new year's day! :D 

The Blickenstaffs leave in June. It's pretty neat that we can know who it is, but it makes me sad that the Blickenstaffs will leave. :( Elder Bradford is Elder Anderson's MTC companion; he just got out of training so he's been here almost 3 months and I think that means he's been on his mission for about 5 months or so now. Also, he's from Arkansas. :) 

I'm not a district leader anymore, though which is kind of nice because I don't have to prepare and lead DTM every week and stuff, but there will be a part of me that misses being district leader. Chinese New Year is in February, but they also celebrate regular New Year's here. :) It's going to be year 105 this year (it's how long Taiwan has been a country, if I remember right). :)

I like that New Year's video. Click here for the video I think that scripture's really interesting. (Genesis 19:17) To me, it means that we should be living in the moment and looking ahead, instead of getting too distracted from the past; what we did or who we were. If we aren't careful, we could get wrapped up in the past. That and who we used to be; an old habit or an old addiction. If we look back, reminisce on those old things we used to do, we could get sucked back into it, like someone going into relapse. I like the new year, because we can look forward, get a fresh start and figure out what we want to do this coming year. :) 

I can't get over the fact that I'm about at my year mark! :o I saw my journal last night and I wrote an entry on the 4th of January last year and it felt super weird to read it! :o The time has seemed to have gone by so fast and the time I spend on the mission feels super short all of the sudden. :/ I'm glad I still have another year left at least. :) (I still love and miss you, though) :) 

-- 
Elder Fleming


Last pictures in Tan Zi
Us with the Zone Leaders and us with the sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment