Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, February 29, 2016

Email Excerpts 2/29/2016

Well, it's been another week in Heng Chun, and things are going well. :) We had power cleaning on Monday, so we didn't really do anything fun for Pday. The week was pretty normal, up to Friday. Every Friday, we go visit an old folk's home and sing for a bunch of ama's (grandmas). One of us sings while the other one of us claps our hands and tries to get the amas to clap as well to get some blood flowing. Well, as I was clapping, one of the amas asked me to close the door because she was getting cold (even though it's like a billion degrees here), so I close the door, but as I do so, it came off its track! So as Elder Hanna is singing, he watched me as this door breaks off into my hands! :o I felt super bad that I just broke their door! No one seemed to notice though, so I just leaned it back up where it was and kept clapping. Not long afterwards, a breeze came through and made the door fall over, and I watched as the door fell over right on top of an ama's head! There were some gasps from all the ama's over the excitement--that definitely got their blood flowing--and the staff rushed over to help the ama out. I felt so bad, that I kept messing up the song when it was my turn to sing! :o I was mortified! She seemed ok though, and they put some ice on it, so she's probably still alive. ;) I hope that by the time we go back there to sing to them again that they all forgot. ;) 

It was stake conference this week because PingDong just got made into a stake! :D Super awesome, and hopefully it will bring us closer to getting another temple in Taiwan! We had the night session of stake conference on Saturday night and since we live super far away, we had to take a bus at 3 to make it in time for the 7 pm meeting. :o The cool thing was we got there about an hour early, and got to eat dinner with our mission president! :D He's so awesome. :) Then because we live really far away, we got to spend the night with the zone leaders because they live in the area. :) It was pretty sweet and my first missionary sleep over I've had! 

On Sunday we came back with some members of our branch, proselyted and now I'm here. :) 

It was a good stake conference. :) I've been to stake conference in every area I've served in so far, including, somehow, California. :) Yeah, the one week I was in California it was stake conference. :) It's kind of cool, honestly and really fun to see all the members and missionaries. :) 

Also, our investigator passed his baptismal interview, so he should be set for baptism around 3/11 or 3/12! :D We are super excited for him!! :D 

I might be on the mission blog a little less because I'm so far away from everyone. I might be on it next week for zone conference, though. :) 

I think it's really cool how (especially on a mission) that we have experiences that help us and our testimonies and shape us into better people. :) I am grateful that I can be here and I hope that I'll be able to remember these experiences (the good ones, at least) for the rest of my life. :) I like the talk--I can't remember who says it or when--but they say "if we only have one convert on our mission, hopefully it's yourself" or something like that. No matter how I do in helping others, I really hope that I can become more converted to the Lord over these two years and I hope that I can serve Him well. :)

Love you guys and hope you had a good week this week. :) 

--
Elder Fleming

These pictures are of our secondary area, which is super beautiful, so I took a bunch of pictures of that, also our branch with about all the active members in it, including President Blickenstaff and his wife who joined in the picture. :) and another random dude in the front. :) 


Aquarium photos!! :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment