Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Emails 2/22/16

I'm  amazed that Tyler only has 4 transfers left! :o I didn't realize he was that close to being done! That's super awesome that Emma and Leah got accepted to BYU! I hope Becca goes to BYU Idaho, so she will be close to us and we can visit her or she can visit us sometimes. :)

Power week went well, and I'm so grateful for all your prayers this week! I felt the power of them and we saw some awesome miracles this week! I am pretty tired, and I feel like Frodo in Lord of the Rings as he's laying there after they destroyed the ring and he looks at Sam and says "it's over" and he's really relieved. :) That's how I feel right now. :) 

Thanks for what you said about challenging myself. :) It reminds me of a Mormon Message about our potential. it talks about a guy who goes on a cruise; I don't know if you've seen it or not, but I think it's called "our divine potential" or something like that. :) I do need to challenge myself a little more than I have been lately. :) 
I love you lots and I'll tell you more about power week in a bit. :)

Well, it was power week. It was hard. I am tired. :) It was really good though. :) The schedule for power week is: out the door at 9am. No time for meals; we eat on the go, and back indoors around 9pm. It was super rough! In power week, as a mission we are given these goals, and if we accomplish them, we get to call President and say we did it, which is pretty awesome! :) 

Day 1 was Monday. We were supposed to tract into 2 lessons. We had from 6 to 9 to do so, but we had a lesson at 8, so we only had 2 hours. We ended up pulling it off, which was awesome! :D We kind of forced a lesson for our second one, but that's the point of power week. :) We got to call President on Monday! :D 

Tuesday was power contacting day. We were supposed to get 10 "adds" which means we meet someone on the side of the road, talk to them and set up a time to meet. We didn't hit that goal, but we got a good amount and met some pretty cool people. :) We were exhausted after Tuesday, because we were out on the road all day. 

Wednesday was intense, too. Our goal was to give out 13 Books of Mormon and exchange information with the people we gave them to. Wednesday was pretty rough, because we didn't even get a single copy passed out. :/ It was a huge bummer. People just weren't as willing to talk with us that day. Oh well, it happens sometimes. So, after 2 days of straight street contacting in a row came Thursday, where we were supposed to get 3 new investigators (meet with someone and set up a time to meet again). We also had to give 2 baptismal goals. We didn't hit this goal either, because one of the people we met with was strange. His name was Mr. Chen and he couldn't move his legs. He seemed nice and we met with him and listened to us, although he was kind of strange. He just didn't really talk much. We met with another potential investigator who ended up being cool.

Friday was confirm 15 people for church. It's strange here, because we can confirm people for church and they'll say they'll come, but then they don't show up. :) So we hit that goal and got to call President, which was pretty sweet. :) Then Saturday our goal was to talk to 20 families about coming to church. 

On Sunday, we had to get four investigators at church but only got 3. We were close, but oh well. :) We tried hard and saw some awesome miracles, which was pretty cool. :) 

 Sorry, I'm running out of time. :/  I think that's all.

Thanks for your prayers, they really did help! :D I love you all lots!! :D 

Love you all so much!!! 

--
Elder Fleming

We went to see the beach in Kending, about 30min away from Hengchun on Monday last week. It was cool, but windy and kind of cold. :/ Also, a super funny little girl of an LA we're meeting with who was playing with tape. :) Also, a dog with a saddle which was super funny so I took a picture of it and a sign with some funny English.


No comments:

Post a Comment