Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, June 8, 2015

06/08/15

Hello! Today was the first day of the new move call and I got my new companion. He is Elder Sales. He is from the Bay Area. He seems pretty cool! It was weird and sad saying goodbye to Elder Bak. I hate change. Also, I moved areas! :o I am now in the Yuan Lin 2nd ward instead of the Yuan Lin 1st ward, so I change apartments, (which isn't so bad, it's only about 5 minutes away from where my old one was). :) We also have a temple trip coming up, on Wednesday, so instead of Pday today, we are going to the temple on Wednesday! :D We usually have 2 hours for email a week, but because of this trip, we only have an hour today. :/ But we will get another hour on Wednesday at some point!! :D So I'll be able to email you a little bit on Wednesday. :) (I think it's Tuesday for you) :) 
     This last week was good, and I got to do a bunch of stuff that seemed to wrap up my training pretty well. :) One of the things was that some other Elders and I participated in a funeral. It was a different christian church officiating it, which was a little weird, but it was cool. We sung and were the pall-bearers. :) We also baptized Lin Jie Mei (Sister Lin)!!! :D It was super cool, because the other ward (the one I'm moving into) also baptized someone! It was awesome!! :D It was a really good way to end the transfer. Because of all the people going home soon, our district got smaller, so we gave all our investigators to the other 1st ward Elders. It used to be two companionships per ward, but now there is only one per ward. :/ Hmm, that's all I can think of for now, but I'll send some pictures and let you know more. :) 

We visited a college campus. It was really pretty! :)
Awesome ice cream
Lin Jie Mei's baptism pictures!! :D She is super awesome.
A rice field with mountains in the background. :)
The spider
So on Monday night, we got back late to find a big spider in the apartment. :o Elder Bak went to kill it, missed and it came at him before running away. Elder Bak jumped sooo high and screamed like a girl, it was hilarious! :) We spent the next 10 or 15 minutes trying to find and kill it, because it was either the spider or us at that point. :) We eventually cornered and squished it. :) 
The battle
The aftermath of our battle with the giant spider. :) It was pretty intense. :) 
The first Chinese stop sign I've seen since I got to Taiwan (usually they just have traffic lights and stuff) :)
Us doing shots at a super cool restaurant ;) It was a huo guo (hot pot) and was super good!!
last week Elder Bak and I went to Taizhong with the Su family, some of his friends from JiaYi (I think that's how it's spelled.) :) and hung out there. :)  
Elder Bak and the Su family and I. :)  
The Su families little girl. She was super cute and funny!! :) 
The other one is a picture I took of Elder Bak and the Su family. He helped baptize them and taught them and stuff. So, the picture looks pretty cool, but when you think about what it could represent, like Elder Bak helping the Su family towards the glory of the sun (celestial kingdom). That picture moves me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment