Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, June 1, 2015

Email Excerpts 6/1/15

It was great to hear from you as always! :D I always look forward to email time on Pdays. :) It's really nice to see what's been going on and stuff. :)

Oh yeah, also, there has been a TON of rain here! I thought it was cool the first day, but it makes contacting a pain!! :) We've been getting through it, though, which is good, even though contacting and finding is a bit slower because of the rain. It will still rain off and on here. It's kind of like Utah, but a little more sudden. :)

The ward I'm serving in has about 400 members in it, but only about 60 who are active. :o

That's super weird that the Jensen boy and the Todd boy are leaving already! I remember hearing about it and thinking "That's so far away!" The time has gone by so fast! I hope that it continues to go fast, but that I can also enjoy it. :)  (2 young men in our ward are leaving for missions this week.) 

Mom wrote: 
I was reading the scriptures tonight and this one really touched me tonight.

1 Nephi 17:51
51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?

It's amazing what the Lord can help us do. He helped Nephi build a boat! Nephi didn't know how to do that. I am impressed not only by what the Lord can help us accomplish, but also by the amount of faith Nephi had. He knew if the Lord instructed him to do that, even though he didn't know how, he could do it. That is awesome. I want the faith like Nephi had. I'm working on it. I have faith, but not as strong and unwavering as Nephi.

Elder Fleming: Elder Bak and I shared that chapter with some of our investigators this last week. :) That's a really good chapter and you can learn a lot from it. :) We compared building the boat to building testimonies. :) 

QuestionNew companion this week? 
Answer: I'm getting one next week. :/ I really hope that he's good, works hard and that we can get along. :) I'm doing really well, but sad Elder Bak is leaving. :/

Question: Are you good on clothes, pictures etc? Let us know if you want us to send something. Do you have rain gear?
Answer: I'm good on clothes, and I have rain gear, which is good. :) I'm out of those atomic fireballs; which I was using to keep me awake during meetings, though. :) Maybe if you wanted to send some pictures, that would be cool too, like when Mom and Nicole get back from their trip or something. :)  

Bummer about RSL losing. :( 

 I remember when I was younger, I thought that missionary work was mostly just tracting, but it was so cool to see that you do so much more! :) It was also really weird to bear my testimony to random people at first, but now it's a lot more natural. :) Anyway, the time is up and I have to go. I love you so much and you are in my prayers. :) Love you. :)


Elder Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment