Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, September 21, 2015

A Mini Miracle Follows

Nicole wrote: I get out of the pool after practice and I go to my bag to get my keys so we can leave...  My keys aren't in the pocket with my phone and my wallet,  so I check my shallow pockets on the front of my pants,  not there either.  So I take everything out of my bag,  shaking it all out to find them, nothing.  I run through the locker room,  and look to see if I had dropped them.  Nothing.  I check the front desk,  still nothing.  I go to the guard room to see if they had picked them up,  nope.  So I go back to my bag,  as my friend is walking out of the boys locker room,  wracking my brain trying to think of where I had put them. The only other place I could think to look were the key slots in the car to unlock it.  I send my friend out there,  and I feel panic start to enter my head.  So right in front of my bag I say a prayer to God asking him to help me find my keys so I can get home.  I then proceed to check the places again.  The first place I check is my pants,  the front left pocket where I had checked three times prior,  but I thought why not once more.  I reached into my pocket,  and it was somehow deeper (like a boys pocket)  and my keys were there.  I sighed in relief and said a prayer of thanks. I'm just so grateful  that that miracle follows a prayer from a person who needed one.  I know God answers prayers.  I know He listens to us.

Elder Fleming replied: Wow, those are awesome miracles! I love miracle stories! I think that it's amazing that sometimes things like losing keys can build our faith so much. It's like in Alma 36:6 (I think) that says through small and simple means, great things are brought to pass. How amazing is it that through losing keys, or calling a friend or saying a prayer can have so much help! I think that's incredible! When I look at my mission--the progress I've made, or the things I've done I realize most of them were just small and simple things that I did, but through those small and simple things, God could work such huge miracles. :) I love that scripture. :) 
-- 
Elder Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment