Elder Fleming

Elder Fleming

Monday, August 3, 2015

8/3/15

Sorry for the interruption: (last week)
Hey sorry for the weekly pause in the middle of my last email. :) The 1st ward bishop asked us if we wanted to go to a chi dao bao with him last week. This week has been good and I feel like I have finally been able to know my companion better now that we don't have to speak Chinese all the time. :) I'm still alive, this week had a few bummers, because a bunch of people ditched out on lessons so we weren't able to get as many lessons or new investigators. :/ Also, the ward seems ok and I'm just glad that they got their air conditioning thing figured out. Hopefully it won't continue to be a problem. It's been going well otherwise and we have been doing well. I'm glad that we didn't have any bike accidents this week caused by short-term missionaries. :) (Our short term missionary crashed into both of us multiple times last week. :) )This week has been more of the same and it's weird that it's already August! Do you feel like the time has been going by really fast lately? I don't know if it's just me or not. We have our big multi-zone conference tomorrow, but it looks like it's just for our zone, so there will be fewer people there. Anyway, love you all so much!!!! :D  

-- 
Elder Fleming

I'm sorry your summer's almost over, but that means that there's one left before I come home. :) That's a bummer that RSL lost to DC last week! :( Sad day! I like the quote you sent. it's really good. I also like in (I think it's in 1Nephi), where it says that Jesus has graven us on the palms of His hands. That scripture really stuck out to me this time around reading the Book of Mormon. It's cool to think that He knows exactly what we've been through and what we're going through and that it is impossible for Him to forget about us. :)

My week was good, it's still hot, but it's supposed to cool down in the next month or two. :) Elder Davis is cool, and the contacting is ok. We got a few first lessons set up this week with people we contacted with, but none of them showed up. :/ The ward is good and I have some good relationships with a decent amount of the members, but there are still a bunch I don't know, because they are sisters and Elders can't really mingle with girls, which is sometimes a little frustrating when it gets in the way of the work. :/ I ate with members and at their houses a lot more in the 1st ward. In this ward it's less, but we still will usually eat with a member once or twice a week, which is pretty cool. :)  
--
Elder Fleming
Also the other picture is with some people I met at a baptism the other day. :)
My new tie. :) I'm sooo excited to wear this when I get back!! :D 
On the top of our apartment
Our church's fire extinguisher. :)
Me with a lizard friend
I finally found the lint trap in our dryer. I don't think it had been switched in months... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment